Jobs at New Dawn New Day
Working at New Dawn New Day offers challenges and rewards. We are a small team of skilled, experienced and resilient staff who are passionate about making a difference for women and girls. The work can be challenging, demanding and at times frustrating but our supportive environment coupled with opportunities for personal and professional development make it a great place to work.
The kind of roles we have at New Dawn New Day include:
- One-to-one support work
- Facilitating group programmes
- Administration and reception support
- Project and service management
- Fundraising and income generation
- Marketing and communication
There are no current vacancies
We offer student placements for anyone on a relevant course of study including
- Health and Social Care / Social Work
- Youth and Community Development
If you are interested in a student placement with us please contact us for further information and discuss this with your training provider to ensure a placement with us would meet the requirement of your course study.
Become a Trustee
New Dawn New Day Limited is a Charitable Company. This means it is a Company Limited by Guarantee as well as a registered Charity. Its Trustees are both Trustees of the Charity and Directors of the Company and they oversee the work of the organisation. Being a charity trustee and company director is an important role. Trustees are individually and collectively responsible for the running and management of the organisation.
At New Dawn New Day Ltd, our Trustees’ role is very much one of “governance” in that they are not directly involved in the day-to-day running of the organisation. They do, however, need to ensure the organisation is governed effectively. Put simply, this means we need to ensure the organisation operates within the law (including charity and company law), and that we fulfil any contractual and statutory obligations the organisation has including funding contracts. The Trustees also have responsibility for agreeing the strategic direction of the organisation, namely a shared idea about what difference the organisation wants to make in the community and what its main areas of work for the future are.
Some Trustees who have a particular interest or expertise in some of the projects and services delivered may want to take a direct advisory and support role for that area of work and we find this to be very useful. However, there is no expectation for a Trustee to be involved outside their main role on the Board.
Trustees of a Charity have the following general collective duties:
- To ensure that the organisation promotes its charitable objects and complies with its governing instruments and with relevant law and regulations
- To safeguard the charity’s good name and values
- To give strategic direction to the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and targets, and evaluating performance against these
- To ensure that the charity is run effectively and efficiently and applies its resources exclusively in furtherance of its objects
- To ensure financial stability, good management and stewardship of property, competent investment of funds and proper accounting
- To support the Chief Executive and monitor her performance
We are looking for Trustees to help take New Dawn New Day Ltd into the next phase of its development. We need Trustees who are positive and committed to the principle of developing services for women and girls who feel they can help us develop and oversee the implementation of our strategic plan.
In particular we are looking to recruit Trustees who have skills and experience in the following:
- Digital and IT Expertise
- Fundraising & Finance
- Human Resources
- Sector Specific Knowledge
- Equality and Diversity
It is important that Trustees act with integrity and commitment, and with an understanding of the responsibilities of charity trusteeship. Trustees are required to attend as many meetings as possible and to undertake some tasks between meetings. Trustees should have strategic vision, good independent judgement, the ability to think creatively, a willingness to speak their minds, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
We welcome expressions of applications from anyone who can bring some of the above characteristics, including candidates where there is currently under-representation such as those of black/minority ethnic origin. New members will be receive induction training supported from the Chair and other committee members.
Becoming a Director / Trustee will not only give you the chance to be a part of the development of the organisation, it will give you experience of governance and operating at a strategic level. It will also enable you to make a real difference to the lives of women and girls.
An information pack can be downloaded here
Partner With Us
Because the women we work with have multiple and complex needs, no single service or organisation can meet all of their needs.
We are committed to collaboration and partnership working with other agencies to deliver the best possible opportunities and outcomes for women and girls and to remove barriers to accessing the support they need.
Partnerships between statutory, private, social enterprise and other voluntary organisations enable us to provide co-ordinated and integrated services as well as innovative solutions and women benefit greatly from being able to access partner agencies’ specialist knowledge and care.
We have some excellent local partnerships and can offer opportunities for on-site delivery and, where possible, co-location of staff from our women’s centre in Leicester.
We are also interested in forming wider strategic partnerships to support service and system transformation and working together to secure resources and new business to support our clients.
As a delivery partner, New Dawn New Day offers:
- Expertise around gender-responsive and trauma-informed services for women and girls
- Expertise on women’s offending and rehabilitation
- A unique and safe women-only environment
- Counselling and psychotherapy interventions alongside evidence based psycho-educational group and one-to-one interventions
- A 30 year successful track record in changing the lives of women and girls in Leicester and Leicestershire
- Access to a clients who have complex needs and who often struggle to access mainstream services
- Locally tailored delivery based on established networks and tried and tested approaches
We work with partner agencies that:
- Share our values and passion for helping women and girls to change their lives
- Add expertise and value to improving outcomes for women and girls
- Are well run, open to innovation and have a desire to work in genuine partnership
If your organisation is interested in partnering with New Dawn New Day the please contact our Chief Executive for conversation.